Fitness: Sutherland Campus
Athletic and recreation services for full-time students are located at the Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre. Just a short walk from Fleming College
Included with your membership
- Unlimited fitness centre access
- Fitness classes weekly
- New member ONLY personal training package
- Public, lane, adult, and nursery swimming
- Drop- in gym
New Member Special
Choose three one hour sessions or six half hour sessions and commit to getting fit today. Ask about pricing. $110.00 + HST
Are you new to fitness, not reaching your goals, or recovering from an injury? Our friendly certified personal trainers can help you reach your goals with a personalized program developed just for you.
Our personal trainers can:
- Help motivate you and help you maximize your time
- Provide you with techniques and nutritional information
- Help you reach or maintain a healthy body weight
- Help you increase your muscular strength and endurance
- Help you increase your energy and stamina
- Help you reduce stress and anxiety
- Teach you safe and proper exercise techniques
Drop in Classes
The Centre offers a variety of classes designed to encourage participants to improve or maintain health and vitality through a variety of activities and programs. Our dedicated team will help find the best option for you and your fitness goals.
Fleming Fitness offers a wide variety of classes to help you reach your fitness goals.
Included with your student membership:
- Total Body Conditioning
- Aqua Dance
- Aqua Fitness
- Aqua Yoga
- Cardio Core
- Deep Water Running
- Fitness Bootcamp
- Hatha Yoga
- Low & Sculpt
See the Wellness Centre program guide for current session programs; available at the Centre or download at Peterborough.ca/pswc
To ensure all guests of the Centre have a positive and memorable experience, the following policies must be observed as a part of your membership.
- All student members must swipe their card or key tag to gain entry into the Centre. If a card or key tag is forgotten, the patron must wait in line to be allowed into the Centre.
- Each person shall conduct themselves in a responsible courteous and safe manner, and respect equipment, the facility, other patrons, and the Centre staff at all times.
- The use of cameras and/ or cell phones is prohibited in all change rooms, washrooms, in the pool, or on the pool deck.
- The Centre strices to be a fragrance- free facility. Pleas refrain from wearing or using any perfumes, colognes, scented hair products, scented aerosol products, or scented body lotions while in the facility.
- Lockers are for day use only. The Centre is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Found items will be placed in the lost and found box for a period of one week. Items not retrieved will be donated to a charitable organization.
- Lifeguards are to be obeyed at all times.
- Everyone must shower before entering the pools (Regulation 565.s.15)
- Bathing suit attire only. Street clothes not permitted.
- No person having a communicable disease or open sore on his or her body shall enter the pool.
- With the exception of water, no food or drinks are allowed on the pool deck.
- No person shall pollute the water in any manner including spitting, spouting of water, or blowing of the nose in the pool or on the pool desk.
- No person under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall use the pools.
Fitness Centre/ Gymnasiums
- No food or hot beverages permitted
- No bare feet, sandals, open toed shoes, or street shoes of any kind; non- marking anti slip athletic shoes must be worn at all times. Shirts must cover the stomach and chest.
- Backpacks or jackets are not permitted on the fitness floor.
- All machines must be unloaded, and free weights and accessories must be returned to their proper location after use.
- The use of chalk is not permitted. Spotters and collars must be used when necessary.
- Due to limited space, overhead Olympic lifting must be performed in the provided racks only.
- Wipe equipment after use.
- Be respectful to others and move fluidly from one machine to the next allowing others to ‘work in’.
- Misuse of equipment may result in immediate expulsion.
- A 30-minute limit on all cardio equipment is in effect during peak times.
- Track is a walking track only.
- Profanity or disrespect towards others will not be tolerated.
- Personal equipment may not be used in the fitness centre.