Fitness: Sutherland Campus
Athletic and recreation services for full-time students are located at the Peterborough Sport & Wellness Centre.
Included with your membership
- Unlimited fitness centre access
- Fitness classes weekly
- Personal training session with certified personal trainer
- New member ONLY personal training package
- Child minding discount
- Public, lane, adult, and nursery swimming
- Drop- in gym
- Early registration AND 50% off of specialty fitness classes and adult swimming lessons
New Member Special
Choose three one hour sessions or six half hour sessions and commit to getting fit today. Ask about pricing. $110.00 + HST
Are you new to fitness, not reaching your goals, or recovering from an injury? Our friendly certified personal trainers can help you reach your goals with a personalized program developed just for you.
Our personal trainers can:
- Help motivate you and help you maximize your time
- Provide you with techniques and nutritional information
- Help you reach or maintain a healthy body weight
- Help you increase your muscular strength and endurance
- Help you increase your energy and stamina
- Help you reduce stress and anxiety
- Teach you safe and proper exercise techniques
Free Personal Training Session
Make an appointment with one of our certified personal trainers for a fitness consultation and orientation to the Centre. our trainer will create a plan to assist you in achieving your goals, and show you how to use the equipment in a safe and effective manner. This one time use service is included with your membership.
Ask us about our many personal training packages
Drop in Classes
The Centre offers a variety of classes designed to encourage participants to improve or maintain health and vitality through a variety of activities and programs. Our dedicated team will help find the best option for you and your fitness goals.
Fleming Fitness offers a wide variety of classes to help you reach your fitness goals.
Included with your student membership:
- Aqua Dance
- Aqua Fitness
- Aqua Yoga
- Cardio Core
- Deep Water Running
- Fitness Bootcamp
- Hatha Yoga
- Low & Sculpt
- Power Pilates
- Simply Stretch
As a currently enrolled Fleming student, receive 50% off the Centres’ registered programs:
- Country Heat
- Forest Therapy
- Nature Yoga
- Run Club
- Trail Walking Club (bring your friends)
See the Wellness Centre program guide for current session programs; available at the Centre or download at Peterborough.ca/pswc
To ensure all guests of the Centre have a positive and memorable experience, the following policies must be observed as a part of your membership.
- All student members must swipe their card or key tag to gain entry into the Centre. If a card or key tag is forgotten, the patron must wait in line to be allowed into the Centre.
- Each person shall conduct themselves in a responsible courteous and safe manner, and respect equipment, the facility, other patrons, and the Centre staff at all times.
- The use of cameras and/ or cell phones is prohibited in all change rooms, washrooms, in the pool, or on the pool deck.
- The Centre strices to be a fragrance- free facility. Pleas refrain from wearing or using any perfumes, colognes, scented hair products, scented aerosol products, or scented body lotions while in the facility.
- Lockers are for day use only. The Centre is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Found items will be placed in the lost and found box for a period of one week. Items not retrieved will be donated to a charitable organization.
- Lifeguards are to be obeyed at all times.
- Everyone must shower before entering the pools (Regulation 565.s.15)
- Bathing suit attire only. Street clothes not permitted.
- No person having a communicable disease or open sore on his or her body shall enter the pool.
- With the exception of water, no food or drinks are allowed on the pool deck.
- No person shall pollute the water in any manner including spitting, spouting of water, or blowing of the nose in the pool or on the pool desk.
- No person under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall use the pools.
Fitness Centre/ Gymnasiums
- No food or hot beverages permitted
- No bare feet, sandals, open toed shoes, or street shoes of any kind; non- marking anti slip athletic shoes must be worn at all times. Shirts must cover the stomach and chest.
- Backpacks or jackets are not permitted on the fitness floor.
- All machines must be unloaded, and free weights and accessories must be returned to their proper location after use.
- The use of chalk is not permitted. Spotters and collars must be used when necessary.
- Due to limited space, overhead Olympic lifting must be performed in the provided racks only.
- Wipe equipment after use.
- Be respectful to others and move fluidly from one machine to the next allowing others to ‘work in’.
- Misuse of equipment may result in immediate expulsion.
- A 30-minute limit on all cardio equipment is in effect during peak times.
- Track is a walking track only.
- Profanity or disrespect towards others will not be tolerated.
- Personal equipment may not be used in the fitness centre.